Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Light Wasted Times

In an effort to motivate myself to spend more time in my room and bed, as opposed to staying up late and falling asleep on the couch, I did a little bedroom redecorating! I'm VERY pleased with the results!Finnegan is pleased as well. He believes that this knew blanket (which is sooo soft) was made solely for him and ONLY him. Usually, I don't have the heart to take it from him! but then resent him for it... yeah, that's how my brain works. It's healthy, I know.
Below is a pic of Eliza in the Anne Taylor Loft store-- all decked out in bling... I think the stuff she was wearing totaled over $200. Decking herself out in jewelry is a favorite hobby of her, which if we're in Wal-Mart or Dollar Tree, is no big deal! Here, I insisted she move very slowly, but I still let her try them on and look at herself in the mirror.
Eliza's doing wonderfully! She is still inviting everyone to her birthday and has been for the last month and a half. On our drive up to and down from Maryland, I think she invited easily a dozen gas attendants and McDonald's/Chic-Fil-A/Wendy's workers. Today she invited my doctor, last week she invited our home teacher, a lady at the bank who's name was also Eliza, the check-out clerk, a waiter, the Clinique lady at Belk who gave her some lip gloss, a little girl who was at the park, etc. etc. It should be a fun party!

But if she's invited you, it's because she thinks you're really really special and the party wouldn't be the same without you! ;)One funny conversation I had with Eliza today went like this-
Eliza: "Mom, I'm going to tell you a secret. I mean, it's not a secret, but I'm going to whisper it."
Me: "Okay."
Eliza: "[loud breathing in my ear. Eliza speaking huskily because she doesn't know how to whisper very well] Mom, watch out for Leprechauns. They'll try to trick you."
Me: "Oh yeah? Where did you hear about Leprechauns."
Eliza: [still whispering] "At school. In a book. But they'll try to trick you if you're not looking, but if you see them, then you win. But if you don't, you lose."

Then we pretended that I was wearing various combinations of colors that didn't include green, and Eliza would pretend to pinch me and then Roar with laughter when I would say Ouch!

So... Happy St. Patrick's Day!

However, boo to Day Light Savings! Booooo. As if I wasn't already ridiculously behind on things. Now I lost an hour.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Love your new bedspread! Love the colors.
Eliza is a funny, funny girl and I love reading your stories. And the pictures. Looks like she didn't miss out on dressing up for Mardi Gras... Can't believe her birthday is coming up!!!!

Leigh This Way said...

I love all the colors in your room! Unfortunately, thanks to my insomnia, i can't have pretty bright colors in my room. Since I already have to deal with white walls (blah!) that get so freakin bright when the sun comes out, I have to have dark bedding to try and make the room seem darker so I'll just try and live vicariously through you! =)

Jean Bean said...

Hahahaha! Oh Amy, your little girl is so dang funny and has got to be, I'm serious here, the cutest little girl I know. You are also a very clever writer to make your readers giggle so. Thank you for this post. xoxo