Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to Ballet!




Eliza and Tori have started ballet classes for the fall. 

We also decided that we're going to take on the daunting task of allowing Eliza to participate in The Nutcracker at The Township Auditorium this year with The Carolina Ballet! My response is mostly trepidation. 

Eliza's response was elation and when I told her my decision, she said, 
"I've wanted to do that my WHOLE LIFE!!" 

Auditions were last Sunday. It involved a lot of WAITING which was lame. However, Eliza did so well that they asked her to stay for the try outs with the girls ages 6-8 (even though she's only 5 1/2)! Eliza did great and is thrilled to have a role bigger than being one of the mice. She thinks she will be either an Angel or a Soldier! I think I'll find out next Sunday at the "Mandatory" Parents Meeting. 


I'm proud of my brave ballerina! 

Still would rather be on the soccer field, but I'm dealing...! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute photos of the girls. I think it's neat that you are supportive of Eliza.