Sunday, April 17, 2011

A great date!

Eliza refused to smile in these pictures, at least with her eyes open, but we caught some cute ones anyways!

I love these pictures. We took them in a photo booth at the mall. Eliza is my BEST little buddy when it comes to running errands, going on trips, shopping, walks, game playing, etc! She's a great date to say the least, and she's always up for some type of fun adventure! I love it!

She, of course, had her times where she tried to run off and hide in the clothing racks or demands a treat, but she has gotten so great these days. She's (usually) really good about staying where she can see me, and we work out a deal where she can choose one treat (usually under a dollar).

Plus, she's so wonderful about holding my hand.

It's pretty sweet to have such a cutie to hold hands with wherever I go! I'm lucky enough to also get lots and lots of hugs and cuddles too! Occasionally, I let her sleep in bed with me or lie down with her while I tell her a pretend story (ugh!), and she'll sweetly put her arm around my neck and giggle sweetly in my face as she gives me an eskimo kiss.

She's a good 35 lbs, but she still really loves to be carried or get a piggy back ride, but she gets heavy fast these days when she demands to be carried or falls and needs some extra love.

The other night I was watching the new Karate Kid with Jayden Smith (which I ended up really liking, btw). But something random that I thought of while watching it was how the little 13 yr old never wants to talk to his mom, is always mad at her and always shuts his door on her. It made me think, at what point do your kids change from wanting you to hold them, hug them, and play with them ALL the TIME --to-- shutting you almost completely out of their lives?

I posed this question out loud, and my mom quickly responded, "About 12 years old." She appeared pretty familiar with the concept. (Twinge of guilt there)

So there's just one more thing to dread in the teenage years! In the mean time, I'll try to savor Eliza's cuddles, kisses, and "Mom, I think you're the greatest mom in the whole world; I love you with ALL MY HEART!" (direct Eliza quote).

I love you with ALL MY HEART too, Eliza Mae.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

The great part is when daughters turn around after being teenagers and go back to loving mom with all her heart! I feel very loved and important whenever I get to be with Alicia.

Jennifer said...

I agree with Barbara. My daughters are some of my best friends. I feel so blessed to have 3 daughter/friends. It was worth all the drama...but I have to admit, there was a lot of drama.

Jean Bean said...

This is just so sweet! You deserve such a sweet little soul. I love your honesty in these posts, by the way.